Churches and mosques

Settlement of Viniche
Settlement of Viniche

MONASTERIES Settlement of Viniche
“St. Ilija” monastery was built around 1900 on a high hill in Dolna Maala. A well-hewn stone cross was placed on that same place. The cross was a symbol of Christianity and the celebration of St. Ilija’s Day every 2nd August. The local cemetery is also locat [ ... ]

chirches and monuments
The village of Trubarevo
The village of Trubarevo

The village of Trubarevo “St. Gorgi Pobedonosec” (“St. George the Victorious”). The newly built church was consecrated in 1982. Since the Ottoman Empire there has been a cross at this very place where the locals would gather during the religious holiday St. George’s Day. The church was  [ ... ]

chirches and monuments
The village of Smilkovci
The village of Smilkovci

“St. Velikomachenica Nedela” church was built on a land owned by “St. Spas” church from the village of Creshevo. The church was built in 1989 and was consecrated by the Archbishop Mihail in 1944. The local population of the village of Smilkovci and the surrounding villages did a fundraiser [ ... ]

chirches and monuments
Avtokomanda
Avtokomanda

“St. Archangel Michael” church. The present day church was laid on the foundations of an older church in 1927. The exterior of the church was restored in 2006. The marble iconostasis placed during the building process is typical of the church. Such an expensive and hard processing iconostasis  [ ... ]

chirches and monuments
Other Articles